The agrifood sector is an economic engine for Italy and in particular for the Emilia-Romagna region, thanks to a high level of specialisation and a great number of products bearing the prestigious PDO (protected designation of origin) and PGI (protected geographical indication) labels which are ex-ported all over the world. The sector covers the whole "from farm to fork" value chain: starting from the farmed produce all the way to the consumers’ plates, it includes ICT systems, equipment and machineries, transformation and packaging plants, logistics and food by-products and waste valorisation.
- SOSFARM - Sustainable and precision farming
- FoodQST - Quality, safety and traceability in processes, products and nutrition
- SPES - Valorisation of by-products and waste in the agrifood sector
Who we are
The Agrifood Clust-ER is an association of public and private subjects: companies, research centres, training institutions that share skills, ideas and resources to support the competitiveness of the sector. The Emilia-Romagna Region has identified in the Clust-ERs the subjects able to multiply the opportunities for innovation through a collaborative approach in strategic sectors for the regional development and innovation. Together with the Technopoles and the High Technology Network laboratories, they are one of the key players in the regional innovation ecosystem coordinated by ASTER, the Emilia-Romagna consortium for innovation and technology transfer.
What we do
The Agrifood Clust-ER focuses its action on 3 strategic lines of research and innovation enabled through 3 working groups, or Value Chains, representative of the Emilia-Romagna agrifood system:
- Sustainable & Precision Farming to strengthen the economic and environmental sustainability of regional productions
- Quality, safety and traceability in processes, products and nutrition to promote food safety, the quality of food and feed and the sector’s attractiveness
- Valorisation of agrifood by-products and waste to improve the sustainability – both economic and environmental - of the food production processes
Who can join the Clust-ER
Private sector Companies including innovative Start-ups
- Industrial Research Laboratories and Innovation Centres accredited by the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Consortia and networks of companies
- Higher Education Institutions and Training Centres accredited by the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Other organisations active in the field of innovation.
Join the Clust-ER
Being a member of the Clust-ER will give you privileged access to many opportunities:
- Contribute to the definition of regional development strategies;
- Receive the latest sectoral science, technology and business news from regional, national and international sources;
- Leverage our network of international partners to build consortia for research and innova-tion projects