Energy and Sustainable Development Clust-ER
The energy and sustainable development sectors affect all human activities and are strategic in supporting the regional economy transition to a low environmental impact system.
Promoting the development of such sectors means an advancement towards a more rational management of the resources and a decrease of harmful emissions into the environment. Strengthening innovation in the energy-environmental field contributes to the competitiveness and the wellness of the Emilia-Romagna region through the development of knowledge, new products, advanced services and innovative business models.
- LowCarbon_ER - Low Carbon Economy in Emilia-Romagna
- SASE - Environmental Sustainability and Ecosystem Services
Who we are
The Greentech Clust-ER is a private association of companies, research centres and training institutions that share skills, ideas and resources to support the competitiveness of the Energy and Sustainable Development sectors. The Emilia-Romagna Region has set up Clust-ERs as subjects capable of multiplying
innovation opportunities through a collaborative approach. The Clust-ERs focus their activity in R&D sectors that the Region considers strategic for its development. The Clust-ERs are one the key players of the Regional Ecosystem of Innovation managed by ASTER called High Technology Network. Together with companies, Technopoles, the High Technology Network laboratories, the Innovation Centres and the Education system contribute to the regional development.
What we do
Greentech focuses its action on two strategic lines of research and innovation through two working groups, or Value Chains, representing the Emilia-Romagna energy and sustainability system:
- Low Carbon Economy to foster the transition of the regional economy towards a higher environmental sustainability, reducing the dependence on fossil sources.
- Environmental Sustainability and Ecosystem Services to improve the management of degraded and/or vulnerable ecosystems and the environmental control in all its compartments (air, water, soil) through the development of remediation and mitigation technologies with a circular approach.
Who can join the Clust-ER
- Companies including innovative Start-ups
- Industrial Research Laboratories and Innovation Centres accredited by the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Consortia and networks of companies
- Higher Education Institutions and Training Centres accredited by the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Other organisations active in the field of innovation.
Join the Clust-ER
Being a member of the Clust-ER will provide a privileged access to many opportunities:
- to contribute to the definition of the regional development strategies
- to access the latest science, technology and business news from regional, national and international sources within the specific domain
- to network with international partners to build consortia for research and innovation projects.