Life Sciences and Wellbeing Clust-ER
Emilia-Romagna is the top ranked region in Italy in terms of efficiency of its healthcare system.
Furthermore, source of region's pride are the quality of its universities, the number of researchers and the quality of the education system.
In addition to these public excellences, the industrial system is pretty strong and mature: in Emilia-Romagna there is the most important medtech district of Europe, big companies in the pharma sector and worlwide recognized stakeholders in emerging fields such as regenerative and restorative medicine.
For those reasons the regional authority of Emilia-Romagna declared the relevance of the Health and Wellness sector in its Smart Specialization Strategy (S3) as one of the most innovative and promising sector for the development of the region.
- BioMedTech - The new generation of Medtech
- MedReR - Regenerative and Restorative Medicine
- POSERR - Pharmaceutical and Omics Sciences in Emilia-Romagna Region
- SalusTECH - Smart and Active Living, inclusive services and USable TECHnologies
Who we are
The Health & Wellbeing Clust-ER is an association of public and private bodies: companies, research centres and training institutions that share skills, ideas and resources to support the
competitiveness of the sector.
The Emilia-Romagna Region has found in the Clust-ERs the subjects capable of multiplying innovation opportunities through a collaborative approach, as they focus their activity in R&D strategic sectors.
Together with the Technopoles and the High Technology Network laboratories, they are one of the key players in the regional innovation ecosystem coordinated by ASTER, the Emilia-Romagna consortium for innovation and technology transfer.
What we do
The Emilia-Romagna’s Health & Wellbeing Clust-ER brings together big companies, SMEs, universities, research centres and other organizations, along with public stakeholders developing and implementing the regional Smart Specialization Strategy (S3) in the health, life sciences and wellness sectors. The Clust-ER Health covers 4 different Value Chains, which are:
- New Generation Medtech and Prothesics
- Regenerative and Restorative Medicine
- Pharmaceutical and Omics Sciences
- Technologies & Services for Healthy Living and Active Aging
Who can join the Clust-ER
- Big enterpirses, SMEs and innovative start-ups
- Industrial research laboratories and innovation centres accredited by Emilia-Romagna Region
- Consortia and networks of companies
- Higher education institutions and training centres
- Other organisations active in the field of innovation
Join the Clust-ER
Being a member of the Clust-ER will give you privileged access to many opportunities:
- Contribute to the definition of regional development strategies
- Receive the latest sectoral science, technology and business news from regional, national and international sources
- Leverage our network of international partners to build consortia for research and innova-tion projects