The innovation centres are facilities sponsored by businesses, universities, research establishments, other public and private bodies and local authorities and organisations whose aim is to promote innovation and the transfer of know-how and technological skills to businesses and the economic system in general. In most cases, the innovation centres cover their local area.
The Network Centres offer technology-transfer and innovative-business start-up services such as:
- organisation of technology disclosure and demonstration activities
- technology check-up and assessment for businesses
- technical support to businesses for the development of research and technological innovation projects and activities
- identification and pairing of technology partners and building of research and innovation networks
- provision of technical services for technological innovation
- seeking sponsorship and assistance for the implementation of research and innovation projects