Technopoles are a network of 10 infrastructures located in 20 locations throughout the Emilia-Romagna region, hosting and organizing activities and services for industrial research, experimental development and technology transfer.
- are home to the industrial research Laboratories of the Emilia-Romagna High Technology Network equipped with state-of-the-art research tools and staff dedicated to activities and services designed to meet companies’ needs, favoring also the projection at national and international level
- include service facilities for dissemination, demonstration and information activities as well as premises and facilities to host private research laboratories, innovative companies, and spin-offs
- promote the matching between companies and researchers and access to cutting-edge scientific equipment by narrowing the gap between research supply and demand.
Technopoles stem from an initiative by the Emilia-Romagna Region in collaboration with universities, research centers and local authorities of the territories concerned.
A Portal, namely a point of access to the structure and to all the High Technology Network laboratories within the region, is available to all users in each Technopole, to foster research-business collaboration.
Users can take advantage of a wide range of services through the Portal, including:
- First assistance and guidance
- Needs analysis and problem solving
- Organization of in-depth study meetings
- Hospitality and enhancement of local development
- Information on contracts, intellectual property and a financial instruments.
Portals are an initiative by the Emilia-Romagna High Technology Network’s Innovation Centres, the Universities - through their TTO Technology Transfer Offices and ASTER.
The High Technology Network and the Emilia-Romagna Technopoles were funded by the Emilia-Romagna Operational Programme within the European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013 - Por ERDF and other regional contributions.
The activities of the regional innovation system are financed with the European Regional Development Fund Por ERDF 2014-2020 and other regional contributions.